If you are interested in coaching for WYHA during the upcoming season, we thank you in advance. Please review the coaching requirements below and fill out the coaching application.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Hockey Directors.
2023-2024 Coaching Manual
All current certified coaches and any person interested in coaching in the upcoming season MUST complete the following by December 31, 2023:
- Review the WYHA Coaches Code of Conduct
- Review the Concussion information
- Register with USA Hockey. This must be done each season.
- Complete the required Background Screening. (Cost $30) If you completed at Background Check in the 2022-23 season, you do NOT have to complete one for the 2023-24 season.
- Complete the required USA Hockey Safe Sport Training. SafeSport must be completed each season.
- Complete the Foundations of Player Development Pre-requisite. (Coaches will need to complete the Foundations of Player Development module before purchasing their age-specific module. Once a coach completes the Foundations of Player Development module there will be a 15-minute window before they can purchase and complete their age-specific module).
- Complete the appropriate USA Hockey Age Specific Modules for the age level of play you are coaching. (Cost is $20 per module and only needs to be completed once per age level. Must be completed PRIOR to participating in any team activities and cannot be added to a roster until completed)
- Attend the required USA Hockey Coaching Clinic. The Cost is $60. You can only attend one clinic per season and all coaches start at Level 1.
- Coaches of only 8 and Under players, may remain at Level 1 or other certification level, even if expired, until such time as they are coaching any older age level of play.
- Dates and locations of Level 1 through 4 clinics can be found on USA Hockey.
- Clinics will be posted on the First of the month:
- September 1st for clinics that are held through October 15th
- October 1st for clinics that are held through November 15th
- November 1st for clinics that are held through December 15th
- December 1st for clinics that are held through December 31st
All expenses paid for coaching requirements will be reimbursed upon completion of ALL requirements.