If you are interested in coaching for WYHA during the upcoming season, we thank you in advance. Please review the coaching requirements below and fill out the coaching application.
There will be a coaches meeting on September 13th at 7:00pm at Rex's Innkeeper.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Hockey Directors.
Here is updated coaching information from USA Hockey:
All current certified coaches and any person interested in coaching in the upcoming season MUST complete the following by December 31, 2022:
- Review the WYHA Coaches Code of Conduct
- Register with USA Hockey. This must be done each season.
- Complete the required Background Screening. If you completed at Background Check in the 2021-22 season, you do NOT have to complete on for the 2022-23 season.
- Complete the required USA Hockey Safe Sport Training. This must be completed each season.
- Complete the appropriate USA Hockey Age Specific Module. Each module is completed only once. If you have completed the age-appropriate module for the level, you plan to coach you do not need to do it again.
- 8U and Under: if coaching learn to play, 6U, or 8U
- 12U and Under module: if coaching Squirt (10U) or PeeWee (12U)
- 13 and Over module: if coaching Bantam (14U) or Midget (16U)
- Attend the required USA Hockey Coaching Clinic (If needed). Dates and locations of Level 1 through 4 clinics can be found on USA Hockey. Clinics will be posted on the First of the month:
- September 1st for clinics that are held through October 15th
- October 1st for clinics that are held through November 15th
- November 1st for clinics that are held through December 15th
- December 1st for clinics that are held through December 31st