Wildcat Youth Hockey Scholarship Information
It is WYHA policy to assist in making hockey affordable for local youth. In keeping with this, each season WYHA offers a limited number of scholarships based upon financial need. These scholarships will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Scholarship application, approval, or denial is kept confidential.
Scholarship requests should be received by the Treasurer by Sept. 1, the month prior to the start of the fall season. Exceptions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Partial or full scholarships will be awarded based on available funds. Scholarships are for skating fees only. All other expenses for the season are the family’s responsibility. Factors determining scholarship approval include, but are not limited to:
- Number of children per family participating in the program.
- Memo documenting the family situation indicating financial hardship.
- The WYHA Board of Directors, based on the Scholarship Committee recommendation, will determine scholarship approval or denial.
- Based upon scholarship approval, the player/parent or guardian will be responsible for the annual USA Hockey Registration fee at the beginning of the season.
- The season’s equipment fees, if any, will be waived. If equipment is not returned at the end of the season, the player will not be eligible for future scholarships or participation in the youth hockey program.
- Parental and player involvement in fundraising activities is mandatory (including volunteer hours).
- Incomplete or falsified forms will be denied.
For an additional scholarship opportunity, please visit https://www.jinglesobriensf.com/